Sweet Potato, Spinach & Butter Bean Stew [vegan] [gluten free]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (4.8 /5)
- 4 ratings
- 1.25 kg sweet potatoes
- 260g young leaf spinach
- 4 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 x 400g can butter beans
- 4 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2 medium onions (finely chopped)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 3 tsp smoked paprika
- 500ml vegetable stock
- juice of 1 to 2 lemons
- large bunch of fresh coriander
- salt & pepper
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut in 1cm dice (0.40 inch).
- Heat olive oil in a large casserole pan.
- Add finely chopped onion, crushed garlic, ground cumin, ground coriander and smoked paprika. Cook until onion is soft.
- Add diced sweet potatoes, chopped tomatoes and stock.
- Bring to the boil, then cook half covered until sweet potatoes are tender (they should still have a bite).
- Stir in spinach. Cook for 2 minutes. Add rinsed and drained butter beans. Cook for another 2 minutes to warm them through.
- Season to taste with lemon juice, salt & pepper.
- Serve with plenty of chopped fresh coriander leaves sprinkled over.
This Sausage and Potato Casserole is packed with the smoky...
This delicious butternut squash quinoa casserole makes an easy and...
This Quorn Hotpot zero waste recipe is designed to make...
This delicious Brussels sprout panzanella makes a wonderful winter salad....