Sweet Potato, Spinach & Butter Bean Stew [vegan] [gluten free]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (4.8 /5)
- 4 ratings
- 1.25 kg sweet potatoes
- 260g young leaf spinach
- 4 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 x 400g can butter beans
- 4 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2 medium onions (finely chopped)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 3 tsp smoked paprika
- 500ml vegetable stock
- juice of 1 to 2 lemons
- large bunch of fresh coriander
- salt & pepper
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut in 1cm dice (0.40 inch).
- Heat olive oil in a large casserole pan.
- Add finely chopped onion, crushed garlic, ground cumin, ground coriander and smoked paprika. Cook until onion is soft.
- Add diced sweet potatoes, chopped tomatoes and stock.
- Bring to the boil, then cook half covered until sweet potatoes are tender (they should still have a bite).
- Stir in spinach. Cook for 2 minutes. Add rinsed and drained butter beans. Cook for another 2 minutes to warm them through.
- Season to taste with lemon juice, salt & pepper.
- Serve with plenty of chopped fresh coriander leaves sprinkled over.
Quick and easy, this watermelon salad with cucumber and feta...Recipe by theflexitarian |
Loaded with vegetables and fruits these vegan carrot muffins are...Recipe by theflexitarian |