Pineapple & Passion Fruit Jam [vegan] [low sugar] [gluten free]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 jar
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 1 medium pineapple [to have 500g / 1.1 lb of flesh]
- 3 passion fruits
- juice of 1 lemon
- 250g jam sugar with added pectin [1/2 lb]
- To sterilise the jars you can plunge them in a large pan of boiling water for 10 mins. Alternatively you can also wash them in warm soapy water, rinse them and put them on a baking tray in the oven heated up at 100°C/225°F/gas ¼ for 10 mins. Make sure everything is very clean. You do not want to do this too far in advance as the jars should be warm when the jam is poured into them.
- Remove skin and hard core centre from pineapple. Cut the flesh into small chunks and place into a heavy bottom pan or preserve pan.
- Add sugar, passion fruit flesh and lemon juice.
- Heat the fruits under medium to high heat until the mixture reaches boiling point. Carry on boiling jam for 20 mins stirring occasionally so that the jam does not stick to the bottom of the pan. From then on, check setting point every 5 minutes or so. Mash any chunks of fruits.
- To test if the jam has set, put a teaspoon of jam on one of the cold saucer. Let it cool for a minute. The jam is done when it wrinkles when pushed with your finger.
- Pour jam in sterilised jam. Cover with waxed paper and seal.
- Store in a cool and dry place away from the light. Keep in the fridge once opened.
- Ready in : 35 Minutes
- Course : Jams & Preserves
This one-post Mexican quinoa stew makes a hearty and healthy...
Simple does it every time! I love these vegan creamy...
This roasted winter squash with creamy lentils recipe makes such...
This delicious curried butternut squash soup makes such a comforting...