This Tropical Green Smoothie Bowl is powered with spinach and some delicious winter fruits.
This Tropical Green Smoothie Bowl is powered with spinach and some delicious winter fruits. To avoid the morning rush, you can make the smoothie base in advance and just pile up some fruits, seeds and nuts on top. Don’t hesitate to vary the toppings listed in the ingredient list below to suit your own taste.
This Tropical Green Smoothie Bowl is sweetened with figs which you can replace with dates.
Smoothie bowls are one of my favourite things to have whenever I need a quick and nutritious breakfast or if I have been working out. Here silken tofu adds some low fat plant-based proteins along with the hemp, chia seeds and almonds.
This recipe makes a very generous portion and can otherwise be shared between 2 people.
Tropical Green Smoothie Bowl [vegan] [gluten free]
Disclaimer: the equipment list above includes affiliate links to products I use and like.
- 300 g silken tofu
- 1 handful spinach leaves
- 100 g fresh pineapple + extra for topping
- 1 orange
- 1 kiwi
- 2-3 dried figs
- 2 Tbsp shelled hemp
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp coconut shavings
- few almonds
- Place drained tofu and spinach leaves in a blender. Whizz together. Add orange, 100g pineapple and figs. Whizz again until you have a smooth liquid.
- This smoothie base will keep in the fridge for a couple of days in an airtight container.
- When ready to eat, place smoothie base in 1 or 2 bowls.
- Top with sliced kiwi, extra pineapple chunks, shelled hemp, chia seeds, coconut shavings and almonds.
Find this recipe online:
I cannot wait to see your posts!