This Almond & Ginger Nut Butter makes a delicious addition to smoothie bowls, cereals, porridge and toasts.
This Almond & Ginger Nut Butter makes a delicious addition to smoothie bowls, cereals, porridge and toasts. Sweeten it to taste with agave or maple syrup.
This nut butter will keep in the fridge in an airtight container for a week. Make sure you get it to room temperature before using it as otherwise, it will be difficult to spread.
Making nut butter is quite amazing to watch. The nuts transform themselves into a thick paste before blending into a smooth butter. You can use a blender or food processor but I find that a food processor works best as there is more space in the bowl so you do not have to switch it on and off and scrape the sides as you do with a blender.
Almond & Ginger Nut Butter [vegan]
- blender or food processor
- oven tray
- 200 g almonds skin on
- 3 tsp freshly grated ginger – to taste
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- Agave nectar or maple syrup to taste
- Preheat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5.
- Spread almonds on a baking tray and roast for around 10 mins.
- Whizz almonds in a blender or food processor for around 20-35 mins until you have a smooth creamy paste. You might need to stop the blender / food processor a few times to scrape the sides. Be patient. The longer you wait, the smoother your almond butter will be.
- Add grated ginger, Himalayan salt and whizz again until blended.
- Transfer to a bowl. Add salt plus agave syrup or maple syrup is using. Mix well.
- Transfer to an airtight jar. Keep the jar in the fridge. Bring to room temperature to soften.
I cannot wait to see your posts!