A twist on a classic, this Leek Potato and Watercress Soup is deliciously creamy and smooth.
A twist on a classic, this Leek Potato and Watercress Soup is deliciously creamy and smooth. The watercress adds an invigorating peppery note, perfect for this time of the year when we are still experiencing cold days while longing for spring.
Whether for lunch, dinner or after a yoga class when the weather is chilly, soup is always my nutritious meal option. I prepare a batch of soup at least once a week. It not only helps me get the kids to eat more vegetables but also ensures that I can make the best of seasonal vegetables, especially when I have odds and ends lurking in the fridge (which happens a lot!).
Leek Potato and Watercress Soup [vegan]
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 400 g leeks
- 450 g potatoes
- 80 g watercress
- 1.25 litre of vegetable stock
- 125 ml almond milk
- salt & pepper
- Heat some oil in a large saucepan. Gently fry sliced onion until soft and golden.
- Add chopped leeks, potatoes and crushed garlic. Cook for a few minutes. Add vegetable stock and watercress.
- Bring to a boil then cook half covered under medium heat for 20 minutes until vegetables are soft.
- Blend to a smooth consistency when done. Add almond milk. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
I cannot wait to see your posts!