This vegan Lentil & Quinoa Burger has a flavoursome soft patty made with lentils, quinoa and oats.
This vegan Lentil & Quinoa Burger has a flavoursome soft patty made with lentils, quinoa and oats. Mushrooms bring an umami touch while roasted red pepper and sundried tomatoes give it a bit of a Mediterranean twist.
I recently received a selection of Stokes Summer Sauces. Versatile, they are perfect to accompany meat-free barbecues whether you need a dip, condiment or marinade. Made in small batches each recipe is developed in-house using only the best ingredients to ensure maximum flavours.
I created this recipe after trying out Stokes Burger Relish. Simple and delicious, this is a fragrant sweet red pepper, onion and tomato salsa. With chunky bits of tomatoes and onions, Stokes Burger Relish has a truly homemade feel.
For this recipe, it is important you leave the burger mix to rest so that the oats can absorb the extra moisture. Don’t hesitate to add more porridge oats, if you find the mixture too wet when shaping the patties. Also, do make sure you do not over blend the mixture in the food processor, otherwise, the patties will be too soft.
Rolling the patties into breadcrumbs add a delicious crunchy touch to this vegan Lentil & Quinoa Burger recipe.
Lentil & Quinoa Burger [vegan]
Disclaimer: the equipment list above includes affiliate links to products I use and like.
- 1 chia egg (1 Tbsp milled chia seeds + 3 Tbsp water)
- 80 g shallots
- 3 garlic cloves
- 250 g brown mushrooms
- 250 g cooked green lentils
- 125 g cooked quinoa
- 80 g roasted red pepper from a jar
- 55 g sundried tomatoes in oil from a jar
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 100 g porridge oats
- salt & pepper
- 8 Tbsp of fine breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil
- Stokes Burger Relish
- mixed salad leaves
- slices of red onions
- burger buns
- pickles of your choice
- Make the chia egg by mixing together 1 Tbsp milled chia seeds and 3 Tbsp water. Set aside.
- Heat some vegetable oil in a large frying pan. Add finely chopped shallots and crushed garlic. Fry gently until soft.
- Add finely chopped mushrooms. Fry gently for 10 minutes until cooked.
- Place mushrooms, lentils, chopped red pepper, chopped sundried tomatoes and chia egg in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until combined. You do not want to overblend as otherwise the burgers will be too soft.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl. Add quinoa, porridge oats, cumin and coriander. Mix together. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Leave to rest covered in the fridge for 30 mins.
- When you are ready to cook the burgers, place breadcrumbs on a plate.
- Shape the burger mix into 6 individual patties, squeezing each one tight. Add more porridge oats if you feel the mixture is too wet. Roll each patty into the breadcrumbs so that to cover it all over.
- Heat some vegetable oil into a large frying pan. Cook each patty for 4 mins on each side under medium to high heat.
- Serve burger patties on buns with mixed salad leaves, sliced red onions and a dollop of Stokes Burger Relish plus a side of pickles.
Find this recipe online:
I cannot wait to see your posts!