This vegan Chocolate Cinnamon Quinoa Granola recipe makes the perfect high protein guilt-free breakfast.
This vegan Chocolate Cinnamon Quinoa Granola recipe makes the perfect high protein guilt-free breakfast. To make it extra special, I added chunks of dark chocolate. It’s delicious with (dairy-free) milk or yoghurt.
I love making my own granola and this recipe fills the whole kitchen with the delicious smells of chocolate and cinnamon.
This recipe is bursting with plant-based proteins from quinoa (which adds a lovely crunch), oats, nuts and seeds. It is sweetened with maple syrup, cranberries and dates.
You can mix in nuts or seeds of your choice. Walnuts, cashews, Brazil nuts etc.. would work well too.
This recipe makes one large jar. It will keep for a while stored in an airtight container.
Chocolate Cinnamon Quinoa Granola [vegan]
- mixing bowl
- baking tray
- 225 g rolled oats
- 175 g uncooked quinoa
- 3 Tbsp cacao
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 75 ml coconut oil
- 100 ml maple syrup
- 1 handful almonds
- 1 handful pecans
- 1 handful sunflower seeds
- 1 handful pumpkin seeds
- 1 handful dry cranberries
- 10 dates
- 4 Tbsp chopped dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven at 160ºC/325ºF/gas 3.
- Slowly heat maple syrup and coconut oil together in a pan. Mix together. Remove from heat. Mix in vanilla extract and set aside.
- Mix rolled oats, quinoa, cacao, almonds, pecans, pumpkins seeds, sunflower seeds with salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add maple syrup and coconut oil mix. Toss until well blended.
- Tip the granola onto a large baking tray lined with a baking sheet. Spread a little as you would do with the top of a crumble. You do not want it too thin.
- Bake for 20 mins. Mix & spread the granola a little bit more. Bake for another 15-20 mins until golden. Mix and spread again. Switch off the oven and leave granola to "dry" inside for 2 hours or so.
- Mix cranberries, chopped dates and chopped dark chocolate with granola. Store in an airtight container.
I cannot wait to see your posts!