This Crunchy Asian Salad with Oumph! Chunks is a no-fuss Summer recipe that you can serve for lunch or dinner.
This Crunchy Asian Salad with Oumph! Chunks is a no-fuss Summer recipe that you can serve for lunch or dinner. Great for sharing, it is also a perfect side dish for a barbecue.
This dish is bursting with flavours thanks to a tasty dressing made with lime juice, ginger, tamari and sesame oil. The quantities below will serve 4 as a main dish.
High in protein, Oumph! Chunks are available in the frozen section of supermarkets. Made from soya, water and salt they are a plant-based alternative to meat. They not only look like chicken (see picture above) but also have the same texture and feel.
Whether you are vegetarian, vegan or simply trying to reduce your meat consumption, Oumph! Chunks make a tasty meal option. Ready in 6-8 mins, they are also perfect if you are in a rush.
You can read more about Oumph! here.
Crunchy Asian Salad with Oumph! Chunks [vegan] [gluten free]
- mixing bowl
- large frying pan
- 1 medium heart of romaine
- ½ cucumber
- 125 g cherry tomatoes
- ¼ medium red onion
- ½ large red pepper
- 280 g Oumph! Chunks
- vegetable oil
FOR THE DRESSING:
- juice of 3 limes
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 3 tsp tamari
- 3 tsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger root
- 1 garlic – crushed
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 generous handful of freshly chopped coriander leaves
- leaves of 2 sprigs fresh mint
- handful of peanuts
- finely sliced red chilli
- Slice heart of romaine. Place in a large salad bowl.
- Cut cucumber in half, de-seed and cut into thin slices. Cut red pepper, red onion into thin slices. Halve cherry tomatoes. Mix vegetables with salad.
- Make the dressing by mixing all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Heat some oil in a large frying pan. Add frozen Oumph! Chunks and cook for 6-8 mins until fried. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss vegetables in dressing. Add cooked Oumph! Chunks.
- Top the salad with coriander, mint, peanuts and red chilli.
- Serve straight away.