This vegan Carrot & Cashew Soup is a warming blend of carrot, apple, curry, cashews and ginger.
This vegan Carrot & Cashew Soup is a warming blend of carrot, apple, curry, cashews and ginger. Smooth and velvety, it is delicious with some crusty bread.
This recipe makes a nice change from the traditional Carrot & Coriander soup or my Red Lentil and Carrot Coconut Soup.
The cashews add some creaminess so you can do without dairy cream. The ginger gives this soup a little bit of a kick which is perfect when you need a warming meal.
Carrot & Cashew Soup [vegan]
- 800 g carrots
- 1 medium apple
- 75 g cashew nuts
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1-2 Tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 Tbsp mild curry powder
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 500 ml water
- lemon juice to taste
- 30 g fresh coriander
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Add finely chopped onion and crushed garlic. Fry gently for a minute then add grated ginger and curry powder.
- Fry until onion is soft.
- Add carrot and cored apple cut into medium pieces.
- Add vegetable stock, water and cashews. Bring to the boil then cook covered under medium heat for around 25mins until carrots are tender.
- When done, add fresh coriander to soup. Whizz altogether until smooth.
- Season to taste with lemon juice.