A healthy filling of spinach and peas topped with an indulgent layer of cheese and cream make this Pea & Spinach Feta Quiche a perfect dish to welcome Spring.
Ideal for lunch, buffet or even an alfresco dinner, it is best eaten warm and served with a crunchy green salad.
Pea & Spinach Feta Quiche [vegetarian]
- Frying pan
- tart tin or loose-bottomed quiche tin
- mixing bowl
- 1 puff pastry
- 200 g fresh spinach leaves
- 250 g frozen peas
- 200 g feta cheese
- 100 g cheddar cheese
- 200 g crème fraîche
- 6 Tbsp milk
- 4 organic eggs
- 1 large red onion
- 2 fat garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- dash of nutmeg
- salt & pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to Fan 180°C 200°C / 350°F / Gas 4.
- Roll out the puff pastry to fit a rectangular tart tin. Approximatively 31 x 21 x 2 cm (12 x 4.75 x 0.75 inches). Prick the pastry all over with a fork.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the finely chopped onion and crushed garlic. Fry gently until soft.
- Add the spinach and frozen peas. Cook until the spinach is wilted.
- Spread the vegetables evenly on top of puff pastry.
- Sprinkle the crumbled feta on top along with half of the cheddar cheese.
- In a separate bowl mix together the crème fraîche, milk, eggs and the other half of the cheddar cheese. Season to taste with nutmeg, a bit of salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture evenly on top of the vegetables.
- Cook in the oven for around 25-30mins until top is golden.
I cannot wait to see your posts!