Roasted Aubergine Saffron Salad [vegetarian]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 1 medium aubergine
- 300g cherry tomatoes
- 175g couscous [US 1cup]
- 400g can chickpeas [14 oz]
- 170g fat free Greek yoghurt
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 generous pinch on saffron
- juice of 1 to 2 lemons
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil (+ extra for roasting)
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 large bunch of coriander
- 2 handfuls almond flakes
- salt & pepper
- Put safffron in a bowl with 2 Tbsp of boiling water and let infuse. (if you have time make this the day before).
- Preheat the oven to 210C/410F/Gas 7.
- Cut aubergine in 1/2cm [0.2 inch] slices. Lay them on a baking tray. Drizzle some olive oil on top and roast for 10-12 mins until browned.
- Place couscous in a bowl with a pinch of salt. Cover with boiling water. Place of plate on top and leave to stand for 5 mins or so. Once the water has been all absorbed, fluff with a fork adding 1 Tbsp olive oil.
- Rinse and drain chickpeas. Cut tomatoes in half.
- Make dressing by mixing together Greek yoghurt, saffron liquid, crushed garlic, lemon juice, 3 Tbsp olive oil and honey. Season to taste.
- Place couscous in a salad bowl. Mix with halved tomatoes, roasted aubergine, chickpeas and finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Dry roast almond flakes in a pan.
- Top salad with toasted almonds and a drizzle of saffron dressing.
- Serve salad with extra saffron dressing on the side.
Quick and easy, this watermelon salad with cucumber and feta...Recipe by theflexitarian |
Loaded with vegetables and fruits these vegan carrot muffins are...Recipe by theflexitarian |