This is now officially Summer with its cornucopia of fruits and vegetables! There is so much coming into season, I really love this time of the year. At home, this is the time we tend to eat a lot of Mediterranean inspired dishes fragranced with herbs such as thyme or rosemary.
I am also gearing up for jam making season so we have plenty to still enjoy during the Winter.
Here is a list of what to look out for this July with a pick of some of my current favourite recipes.
- Artichoke – the easiest and most delicious way I cook it is Artichoke Vinaigrette
- Aubergine – its chunky texture makes aubergine a great meat replacement in vegan and vegetarian dishes.
- Beetroot – enjoy roasted or in salad, risotto, pasta or vegan cakes.
- Beans – Broad Beans, French Beans, Runner Beans, Mange Tout . . all of them are great in salads, casseroles, stir fries etc..
- Broccoli – eat it raw or cooked. Perfect in salads, soufflés, gratins or simply steamed.
- Carrots – eat it raw or cooked. Perfect in salads, soups casseroles etc…
- Courgette – versatile add it to stew (such as the popular ratatouille), grill it or stuff it with cheese. Perfect addition to pizzas or salads.
- Fennel – lovely light anise taste. Eat it raw or cooked.
- New Potatoes
- Kohlrabi – try it raw in salad or slaws
- Pak Choi – lovely addition to stir fries but you can simply steam it.
- Tomatoes – British tomato season is on! Versatile tomatoes make an excellent base for vegetable, meat and fish dishes. Use them with any dish from salad, pasta, curry, chili etc.. You can easily grow them in bags or patio containers.
- Apricot – most apricot sold in the UK are imported. Ripen them at home. Delicious eaten fresh or used in apricot tart. Apricot jam is also a favourite.
- Blueberry – juicy and delicious on their own blueberries also make a perfect addition to desserts, cereal or breakfast. Add it to smoothies for a super healthy start to your day.
Don’t forget to share your favourite seasonal recipes in the comments box below!
Recipes To Try This July