This Chocolate Almond Butter with Coconut is really delicious on porridge, cereals, in banana smoothies etc…
This Chocolate Almond Butter with Coconut is really delicious and makes a nice change from hazelnut chocolate spread like my homemade Nutella recipe.
My kids love having it on toasts but you can also add it to porridge, cereals, banana smoothies etc…
You can play around by adding more cacao and maple syrup. Personally, I prefer it not too sweet and not too chocolatey so that you can really taste the coconut.
This nut butter will keep in the fridge in an airtight container for a week. Make sure you get it to room temperature before using it as otherwise, it will be difficult to spread.
Chocolate Almond Butter with Coconut [vegan]
Disclaimer: the equipment list above includes affiliate links to products I use and like.
- 300 g almonds – skin on
- 80 g desiccated coconut
- 1 Tbsp cacao
- 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5.
- Spread almonds on a baking tray and roast for around 10 mins.
- In the meantime toast the desiccated coconut in a pan until it becomes light brown.
- Once almonds and coconut are ready, whizz them together in a blender or food processor for around 20-35 mins until you have a smooth creamy paste. You might need to stop the blender / food processor a few times to scrape the sides. Be patient. The longer you wait, the smoother your almond butter will be.
- Add salt, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract and cacao. Whizz again until blended.
- Transfer to an airtight jar. Keep the jar in the fridge. Bring to room temperature to soften.
Find this recipe online:
I cannot wait to see your posts!