Baked Sweet Potato with Spinach Chana Masala [vegan] [gluten free]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (4.8 /5)
- 3 ratings
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 260g spinach leaves [9.2 oz]
- 3 tomatoes
- 400g can chickpeas [14 oz]
- 400g can chopped tomatoes [14 oz]
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 to 1 tsp chilli powder (according to taste)
- 1 thumb of ginger
- 400ml vegetable stock [US 1 3/4 cup]
- 100g grated creamed coconut [3.5 oz]
- juice of 1 lemon
- small bunch fresh coriander
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Wash the sweet potatoes. Place on a baking tray. Pierce all over with a fork. Drizzle some olive on top. Cook for 30-50mins until soft. Cooking size will depend on the size of the sweet potatoes.
- In the meantime, heat some olive oil in a large saucepan. Add finely chopped onion and crushed garlic, followed by garam masala, ground cumin, ground coriander, turmeric, chilli powder and grated ginger. Cook under moderate until onion is soft.
- Add can of chopped tomatoes and quartered fresh tomatoes, vegetable stock, grated creamed coconut and spinach. Cook under medium heat, until spinach has wilted.
- Cook for another 10 mins to reduce some of the sauce. Add drained chickpeas. Cook for another 5 mins.
- Season with lemon juice, salt & pepper.
- Once cooked, split sweet potatoes in half.
- Serve topped with spinach chana masala and a generous handful of chopped fresh coriander leaves.
This Creamy Sweet Potato Soup from “Be More Vegan” by...Recipe by Niki Webster |
Served warm with a generous drizzle of creamy tahini dressing,...
This Sausage and Potato Casserole is packed with the smoky...
This delicious butternut squash quinoa casserole makes an easy and...