Enjoy this rich and creamy signature soup made with fresh broccoli and parsnip. Savour its silky texture, and let it warm you up on chilly days!
Treat yourself to this delicious and nutritious dish! This creamy soup boasts a combination of fresh broccoli and parsnip that will tantalize your tastebuds with its distinctive flavour profile. Enjoy its silky texture, let the warmth of it wrap around you on those cold days, and get ready for some comfort food that is easy to make.
Serve it with chopped parsley and walnut sprinkled on top.
Broccoli and parsnip are a great combination when it comes to making soups. Not only do they make for a delicious, hearty soup, but the flavours of both vegetables combine nicely. Broccoli provides creamy earthiness, while parsnips lend their sweetness and earthy flavour to this classic winter soup. So go ahead and give this creamy, dreamy soup a try. I hope you will like it as much as we do.
Broccoli & Parsnip Soup [vegan]
Disclaimer: the equipment list above includes affiliate links to products I use and like.
- 600 g broccoli
- 300 g parsnip
- 1 onion – roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves -crushed
- 1.5 l vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon thyme leaves
- grated nutmeg to taste
- handful of parsley leaves
- handful of walnuts
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Heat some olive oil in a large sauce pan. Fry the onion and garlic together until soft and golden.
- Add the roughly chopped broccoli (stems + florets) and roughly chopped parsnip.
- Add the vegetable stock plus lemon thyme. Bring to boil then reduce the heat and cook for 20 mins until vegetables are soft.
- Liquidise the soup.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Serve sprinkled with chopped parsley leaves and walnuts.
Find this recipe online:
I cannot wait to see your posts!