Lime and chipotle are the perfect combo to give grilled corn on the cob a tasty makeover.
Lime and chipotle bring this grilled corn on the cob to life, adding some zingy and smoky flavours.
This is a delicious side dish that you can serve with a crunchy salad and or rice. I use a regular grill to cook the corn but this recipe can also be made on a barbecue. Fresh corn on the cob is so pretty. I like to present it on a serving dish with the husk.
How to make this grilled corn on the cob recipe
First of all, you will need to peel the husks back from the corn, but leave them attached to the stem. You can then remove the silk strings. So that the husk does not get in the way while cooking, I like to bind it all together with one of the leaves.
Brush the cobs with some oil before putting them under the grill. It should take around 15 minutes for the corn to be cooked. You do need to keep an eye on it so that you can turn the cobs from time to time for them to cook evenly and do not burn.
While the corn is under the grill, you can prepare the lime chipotle butter. I like to use 1/2 lime juice and zest and 3/4 of a teaspoon of chipotle to give the butter some zing and warming heat. Feel free to vary the seasoning to your own taste.
Once the grilled corn on the cob is ready, I like to serve it with an extra squeeze of fresh lime juice and a generous dab of lime chipotle butter on top.
Here are more corn recipes you may like to try:
- CHARRED CORN SALAD [VEGAN] [GLUTEN FREE]
- COURGETTE & CORN FRITTERS [VEGAN]
- CORN FRITTERS WITH SWEET CHILLI DIP [VEGETARIAN]
I hope you enjoy this grilled corn on the cob recipe as much as we do. If you do make it, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!
Grilled Corn on the Cob with Lime Chipotle Butter [vegan]
Disclaimer: the equipment list above includes affiliate links to products I use and like.
- 4 ears of fresh corn
- vegetable oil
LIME CHIPOTLE BUTTER:
- 100 g dairy-free butter
- ½ lime (juice and zest)
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 3/4 tsp chipotle flakes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- 1 Tbsp freshly chopped mint
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 lime
- Put the grill on high.
- Peel the husks back from the corn, but leave them attached to the stem. Remove the silk and discard.
- Brush some oil over the corn
- Place corn under the grill for around 15mins until the corn is cooked. You will need to keep an eye to turn the cobs around so that they are cooked all over and do not burn.
- While the corn is under the grill, make the lime chipotle butter.
- Place the butter in a bowl. Add 1/2 lime juice and zest. Mix in the ground coriander, chipotle flakes, finely grated garlic cloves, finely chopped coriander and mint as well as the salt.
- Serve the grilled corn with a squeeze of fresh lime juice and a generous dab of lime chipotle butter on top.
Find this recipe online:
I cannot wait to see your posts!