These vegetarian corn fritters with their sweet chilli dip are so moreish my kids always come back for more!
These vegetarian corn fritters with their sweet chilli dip are so moreish my kids always come back for more! At this time of the year I like to use fresh corn to make them. However frozen or canned corn work really well too so you can make this dish all year around.
This is a quick and easy recipe that only takes 10 mins to prepare. You can cook the corn fritters as needed. To make sure the fritters are evenly shaped, I use a round cookie cutter as a guide (see my tips in the method below).
This recipe makes around 12 fritters. Any leftover can be reheated in the microwave if needed.
You can serve these corn fritters on their own or with a salad. A tomato and bean salad works also really well. Enjoy!
Corn Fritters with Sweet Chilli Dip [vegetarian]
Disclaimer: the equipment list above includes affiliate links to products I use and like.
- 375 g corn fresh / can or thawed
- 250 g flour
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 garlic clove – crushed
- 225 ml milk
- 1 lime juice
- 125 g grated cheddar cheese
- handful of freshly chopped coriander leaves
- vegetable oil to fry
SWEET CHILLI DIP:
- 4 Tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 3 to 4 tsp sweet chilli sauce – to taste
- 4 tsp freshly chopped coriander leaves
- If you are using fresh corn, remove corn kernels from cobs. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, eggs, ground coriander, ground cumin, baking powder, salt, milk, crushed garlic and lime juice. Add corn, grated cheese and a handful of freshly chopped coriander leaves. Mix the batter until all is well blended.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan.
- Spoon 1 generous tablespoon of corn mixture in the pan (to make sure the fritters are evenly shaped I use a round cookie cutter as a guide, adding corn mixture inside the cookie cutter). Repeat to make a second fritter.
- Cook under medium to high heat for around 3 mins on each side until golden.
- Once cooked, place fritters on a sheet of kitchen towel to absorb the extra cooking oil. Keep fritters in a warm oven while you cook the rest.
- To make the sweet chilli dip, mix yoghurt, sweet chilli sauce and chopped coriander together. Set aside.
- Serve fritters hot with the sweet chilli dip on the side.
Find this recipe online:
I cannot wait to see your posts!