With only 3 ingredients, this Mango & Orange Ginger Sorbet makes a fresh and healthy dessert.
With only 3 ingredients, this Mango & Orange Ginger Sorbet makes a fresh and healthy dessert. Vegan, gluten-free and with no added sugar this is the perfect guilt-free treat.
This recipe has a definite 70’s feel. It was inspired by childhood memories of “Oranges Givrées”, a dessert my mum served very frequently.
I created this recipe for Panasonic #ExperienceFresh Campaign using a slow juicer. It was a complete discovery to be able to make frozen desserts with a juicer. You can extract all types of frozen fruits and make nutritious treats without added dairy or sugar. This is especially useful if you want to make healthy treats for kids. I made a few 100% fruits ice creams for my children using this slow juicer. Devoured in no time they certainly were a big success.
You can read more about the Panasonic Slow Juicer MJ-L500 here.
Mango & Orange Ginger Sorbet [vegan] [gluten free]
Disclaimer: the equipment list above includes affiliate links to products I use and like.
- 6 oranges
- 350 g of frozen mango
- 2 cm fresh ginger root [0.8 inches]
- Cut the top of oranges.
- With a spoon, carefully remove the orange pulp making sure not to break the skin of the oranges. Place empty orange shells and tops in the freezer.
- This recipe only uses the pulp of 4 oranges for the sorbet. You can use the 2 extra pulps for fresh juice.
- Place frozen mango in the slow juicer and grind to a smooth paste. Set aside.
- Place pulps of 4 oranges alongside the ginger in the slow juicer.
- Mix orange-ginger juice to the mango pulp. Spoon sorbet into reserved orange shells. Place tops back on. Put in the freezer until set.
- Take out of the freezer 10-20 mins before serving.
Find this recipe online:
I cannot wait to see your posts!