This “Supercharge Your Day” Green Smoothie Bowl packs a lot of nutrients and goodness into one meal.
Looking for a healthy and delicious breakfast option? Try this “Supercharge Your Day” Green Smoothie Bowl recipe, packed with nutrients and topped with flaxseed for added goodness. Plus, it’s vegan-friendly!
This recipe is ideal for breakfast or post-workout fuel. It works for the whole family and the kids don’t even notice they are eating kale and spinach.
I added some extra nutrients in the form of flaxseed, chia seed and hemp. My mum started giving me milled flaxseed as a teenager and since I always keep a bag in my cupboards. I love adding it to smoothies as you cannot really taste it and it adds many essential nutrients beneficial to the whole family.
Is flaxseed good for you?
The short answer is yes! In fact, flaxseed is very good for you.
It is high in Omega-3 in the form of alpha-linolenic acid (ALA). Omega-3 is known to benefit heart health and help maintain normal blood cholesterol levels. It can also contribute to brain development. Flaxseed is also packed with antioxidants and fibre.
Flaxseed has a delicious nutty flavour and is such a versatile ingredient. You can add it to cereal, porridge, yoghurt or salad. You can also use it for vegan baking, as once mixed with water it acts as a binder to replace eggs.
I used Linwoods’ milled organic flaxseed for this recipe which is available at Holland & Barrett. Compared with whole flaxseed, ground flaxseed is easier to digest so your body absorbs most of the nutrients. Just one tablespoon will supercharge your day!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It is quick and easy… just add everything to a blender and blend until smooth!
- It’s perfect for a quick breakfast, snack or post-workout refuel!
- The toppings are completely customisable so you can make the best of seasonal ingredients.
I hope you enjoy this “Supercharge Your Day” Green Smoothie Bowl recipe as much as we do. If you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!
Disclaimer: This recipe is sponsored by Holland & Barrett.
“Supercharge Your Day” Green Smoothie Bowl [vegan] [gluten free]
Disclaimer: the equipment list above includes affiliate links to products I use and like.
FOR THE SMOOTHIE:
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 handful of organic kale
- 1 handful of organic spinach
- 100 g frozen mango
- 1 kiwi
- 1 passion fruit
- 250 ml almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla paste
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 5 dates
- maple syrup to taste – optional
FOR THE TOPPINGS:
- 2 Tbsp Linwoods’ milled organic flaxseed
- 1 Tbsp Linwoods’ shelled hemp seeds
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- small handful of almonds
- handful fresh or frozen raspberries
- handful fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 kiwi or other fruit of your choice
- 1 passion fruit or other fruit of your choice
- Except for the maple syrup, put all the ingredients for the smoothie in a blender. Whizz until smooth. Sweeten to taste with maple syrup if needed.
- Share smoothie between two bowls. Sprinkle the flaxseed,, shelled hemp and chia seeds on top.
- Garnish with fruits and almonds.
Find this recipe online:
I cannot wait to see your posts!