This silky and tasty pasta recipe with creamy red pepper cashew sauce is super easy to make and absolutely delicious.
This silky and tasty pasta recipe with creamy red pepper cashew sauce is super easy to make and absolutely delicious. If you are pressed by time you can make the sauce while the pasta is cooking.
This recipe works with all kinds of pasta and makes a nice alternative to pesto and store-bought sauces.
To save time, the sauce is made with jarred red peppers but you can of course roast your own. Don’t skip the smoked paprika as it adds just the right amount of flavour.
Nutritional yeast has a delicate cheesy flavour so you certainly will not miss the cheese!
You can of course make the sauce in advance and keep it in the fridge for a few days in an airtight container. If it becomes too thick just add a little bit more water.
As you might have seen in my Instagram stories, we are having a new kitchen installed. I am cooking from the camping table in the living room. Expect easy recipes for the next few weeks :)!
Pasta with Creamy Red Pepper Cashew Sauce [vegan]
Disclaimer: the equipment list above includes affiliate links to products I use and like.
- 300 g dry pasta
- 150 g unsalted cashews
- 190 g roasted red peppers from a jar
- 3 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 3 Tbsp water
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt & pepper
- handful of black olives
- 6-8 sundried tomatoes in oil
- fresh basil leaves
- Soak the cashews for 4hrs to overnight in a bowl of water.
- Drain cashews. Place in a blender with red peppers, nutritional yeast, garlic clove, lemon juice, smoked paprika and water. Blend until you have a smooth and creamy sauce. Season to taste.
- When ready to cook, boil some water in a saucepan and cook pasta according to packet instructions.
- Drain cooked pasta. Toss in cashew sauce.
- Serve straight away topped with olives, sliced sundried tomatoes and fresh basil leaves.
Find this recipe online:
I cannot wait to see your posts!