These vegan smoky roasted cashews are such an addictive snack! Perfect when having a drink with friends.
These vegan smoky roasted cashews are such an addictive snack! Perfect when having a drink with friends. I also like to sprinkle them on salads as they contain protein and healthy fats.
You can also mix in some almonds if you like.
Liquid smoke adds a rich and deep BBQ flavour. I used Stubb’s Hickory Liquid Smoke for this recipe which is available from all supermarkets, but you will find other brands out there.
These roasted cashews will keep up to one week in an airtight container. So easy to make, they are much cheaper and contain less salt than store-bought packets.
Smoky Roasted Cashews [vegan]
Disclaimer: the equipment list above includes affiliate links to products I use and like.
- 200 g unsalted cashews
- 1 1/2 Tbsp liquid smoke
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F.
- Place cashews in a bag. Add the rest of the ingredients (except salt). Shake well to coat all over.
- Line a roasting tray with baking paper.
- Spread cashews on top of baking paper.
- Roast in the oven for 15-20 mins until cashews are golden.
- Remove from the oven when ready. Let the cashews cool down, salt to taste then transfer to an airtight container.
Find this recipe online:
I cannot wait to see your posts!