These fluffy roasted cauliflower flatbreads are topped with muhammara dip, rocket, yoghurt, extra chilli flakes and lemon juice. Heaven on a plate, perfect for lunch or dinner.
My quick muhammara recipe makes the ideal topping for this dish. This hearty and vibrant Middle Eastern dip is made with juicy roasted peppers blended with walnuts, garlic, tomato paste, pomegranate molasses, chilli flakes, breadcrumbs, lemon, olive oil and spices. So good!
Are these roasted cauliflower flatbread easy to make?
The answer is a resounding yes! If you have never made flatbread before, I really encourage you to try this recipe. It is so easy. To speed things up this recipe uses plain flour and baking powder. The dough only needs to rest for 20mins so that the flatbreads are really soft.
Fresh homemade flatbreads are so much more delicious than the ones you can buy in the shops. You can cook them while the cauliflower is roasting in the oven.
This recipe makes about 6 flatbreads. You will need a non-stick pan to cook them (I use a pancake pan which works perfectly here). Temperature is key so make sure the pan is very hot before you place the first flatbread in it. I do not use any oil or grease. Instead, I simply cook each flatbread for 2 mins or so on each side until it starts to char. When done, the flatbreads can be kept warm covered in the oven while you cook the rest.
If you love these roasted cauliflower flatbreads, you should also try …
My Sweet Potato Wraps with Tahini Harissa Dressing below or my Spicy Roasted Cauliflower Wrap with Sriracha Cashew Cream or even my “No Duck” Hoisin Jackfruit Wraps. Plant-based goodness has never tasted so good.
View this post on Instagram
Roasted Cauliflower Flatbreads with Muhammara Dip [vegan]
Disclaimer: the equipment list above includes affiliate links to products I use and like.
FOR THE FLATBREADS:
- 300 g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 300 g dairy-free yoghurt or plain dairy yoghurt
FOR THE MUHAMMARA DIP:
FOR THE ROASTED CAULIFLOWER:
- 1 small cauliflower – approx 600g / 1.3 lbs
- olive oil
- rocket leaves
- dairy-free yoghurt or plain dairy yoghurt
- chilli flakes
- lemon juice
- In a bowl mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the yoghurt and olive oil and knead until you have a smooth and elastic dough. Add a bit more flour if the dough is too wet. Cover and set aside for 20 mins to rest.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 180°C Fan / Gas 6.
- Make the muhammara dip by following this recipe. Set aside when done.
- Cut the cauliflower into medium chunk florets. Spread on a baking tray. Drizzle some olive oil on top and add a little bit of salt. Place the tray in the oven and roast the cauliflower for 25-30 mins until golden. Keep warm when done.
- While the cauliflower is in the oven, you can start cooking the flatbreads. Cut the dough into 6 even balls. Add flour to your working surface and roll out each dough ball to a 21-23cm circle [8-9″].
- Heat a non-stick pan on high. When the pan is very hot, place the first flatbread in it. Do not use any oil or grease, simply cook the flatbread 2 mins or so on each side until it starts to char. When done, keep it covered in a warm oven while you cook the rest of the flatbreads.
- When ready to serve, spread some muhammara dip on each flatbread. Add some roasted cauliflower on top. Top with some rocket leaves, yoghurt, chilli flakes and extra lemon juice.
Find this recipe online:
I cannot wait to see your posts!