This delicious muhammara dip recipe is perfect with pitta bread, crackers, raw vegetables or as a spread in sandwiches or wraps. Quick and easy to make, this is such a versatile dip.
What’s not to like? This hearty and vibrant Middle Eastern dip is made with juicy roasted peppers blended with walnuts, garlic, tomato paste, pomegranate molasses, chilli flakes, breadcrumbs, lemon, olive oil and spices.
It pretty much goes with everything. You can serve it as a mezze dish but at the same time, it can put some sparks into the most boring leftovers. I also love it with roasted vegetables like in this Roasted Cauliflower Flatbreads with Muhammara Dip recipe.
How to make muhammara?
It could not be more simple. The ingredients are simply blended in the bowl of a large food processor. You can then season it to taste with lemon juice and salt.
Filled with yummy flavours, Muhammara is traditionally made by roasting red peppers from scratch. When I am short on time I simply use roasted red pepper from a jar instead.
The ingredient list calls for Aleppo chilli flakes but you can substitute them with chilli flakes. Just adjust the spiciness to your own taste.
This dip is best served at room temperature. You can keep it in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
If you love this muhammara dip recipe, you should also try …
This courgette dip made with courgettes, tahini, mint and parsley is ideal when you are trying to use a glut of courgettes. My flavoursome pea hummus has a tasty minty twist. Also, my vegan tzatziki below is deliciously moreish. This is a dairy-free dip that you can serve with raw vegetables. It works really well on bread and wraps too.
View this post on Instagram
Quick Muhammara Dip [vegan]
- Food Processor
- 225 g roasted red pepper from a jar – drained & roughly chopped
- 100 g walnuts
- 1 garlic clove grated
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 2 tsp Aleppo chili flakes or 1 tsp chili flakes
- 75 g breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp sumac
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 lemon juice to taste
- 4-5 Tbsp of olive oil
- Place the chopped peppers in the bowl of a large food processor. Add walnut, grated garlic, tomato paste, pomegranate molasses, chilli flakes, breadcrumbs, sumac and coriander. Blend all together until smooth. Mix in the olive oil. Transfer to a bowl. Season to taste with lemon juice and salt.
- Serve at room temperature. Keep in the fridge in an airtight container.
I cannot wait to see your posts!