Loaded with iron and goodness, this Roasted Cauliflower & Lentil Salad with Pomegranate Dressing is delicious served warm. Perfect with pitta bread.
You can easily omit the halloumi cheese if you prefer a vegan option.
You can find pomegranate molasse in most supermarkets. Its rich and tangy taste pairs well with many vegetables.
Roasted Cauliflower & Lentil Salad with Pomegranate Dressing [vegetarian]
Disclaimer: the equipment list above includes affiliate links to products I use and like.
- 500 g medium cauliflower – trimmed
- 200 g puy lentils
- 250 g halloumi
- 1/2 large pomegranate
- 1 small handful finely chopped parsley leaves
- 2 small handfuls finely chopped coriander leaves
- 6 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 large garlic clove – crushed
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp pomegranate molasse
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven at 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Heat some salted water in a saucepan for the lentils.
- Cut the cauliflower in small to medium chunks. Toss in 3 Tbsp of olive oil mixed with 1 tsp of ground cumin. Bake in the oven for around 15-20 mins until soft and golden.
- When the water is boiling, cook the lentils in the saucepan for around 15 mins. They should be cooked but still have a bite.
- In the meantime, make the dressing by whisking together Dijon mustard, pomegranate molasse, 3 Tbsp of olive oil, lemon juice and crushed garlic. Season to taste.
- Cut the halloumi in 2 cm (0.8 inches) dice. Spread on a baking tray.
- Drain the cook lentils and place them in a salad bowl. Top with roasted cauliflower. Pour the pomegranate dressing over and toss together.
- Put the grill on and cook the halloumi for around 5 mins until grilled all over.
- Add the pomegranate seeds, chopped herbs and grilled halloumi on top of lentil mix.
- Toss together. Adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Serve straight away when still warm.
Find this recipe online:
I cannot wait to see your posts!