Curried Lentil, Brown Rice & Parsnip Salad [vegan]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 175g green lentils [6oz / US 1cup]
- 150g brown rice [5.3 oz / US 3/4 cup]
- 5 parsnips
- 1/2 large pomegranate
- bunch of fresh coriander
- 1 tsp mild curry powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 6 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 2 shallots (finely sliced)
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- Juice of 1/2 to 1 lemon (according to taste)
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/Fan 180ºC/Gas Mark 6
- Peel parsnips and cut them in quarters lengthways.
- Place parsnips on a roasting tray, drizzled with some olive oil.
- Roast in the oven for 20-30 mins until golden and tender.
- Heat some water into 2 saucepans. When water is boiling add lentils to one saucepan and brown rice to the other. Cook for 15- 20 mins until cooked. Lentils and brown rice should still have a bite.
- Drain well. Place lentils and brown rice in a salad bowl.
- Make dressing by mixing together Dijon mustard, oil, vinegar, cumin, curry powder, crushed garlic and maple syrup. Season to taste with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Toss lentils and brown rice in dressing. Add roasted parsnip, pomegranate seeds, finely sliced shallots and finely chopped coriander. Adjust seasoning with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Bright and colourful this hasselback butternut is served with mushrooms...
This vegan cashew parmesan is brilliant on pasta, pizza, rice,...
This Thai Red Lentil Soup makes a warming and comforting...
Cooked in creamy coconut milk, this Golden Rice with Kale...