Curried Lentil, Brown Rice & Parsnip Salad [vegan]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 175g green lentils [6oz / US 1cup]
- 150g brown rice [5.3 oz / US 3/4 cup]
- 5 parsnips
- 1/2 large pomegranate
- bunch of fresh coriander
- 1 tsp mild curry powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 6 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 2 shallots (finely sliced)
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- Juice of 1/2 to 1 lemon (according to taste)
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/Fan 180ºC/Gas Mark 6
- Peel parsnips and cut them in quarters lengthways.
- Place parsnips on a roasting tray, drizzled with some olive oil.
- Roast in the oven for 20-30 mins until golden and tender.
- Heat some water into 2 saucepans. When water is boiling add lentils to one saucepan and brown rice to the other. Cook for 15- 20 mins until cooked. Lentils and brown rice should still have a bite.
- Drain well. Place lentils and brown rice in a salad bowl.
- Make dressing by mixing together Dijon mustard, oil, vinegar, cumin, curry powder, crushed garlic and maple syrup. Season to taste with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Toss lentils and brown rice in dressing. Add roasted parsnip, pomegranate seeds, finely sliced shallots and finely chopped coriander. Adjust seasoning with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Burgers are always popular with everyone and this vegan recipe...Recipe by Love Watercress |
These Chocolate, Orange & Watercress Brownies with Chocolate Ganache Topping...Recipe by Love Watercress |