This hearty Slow-Cooker Vegetarian Lasagna is filled with lentils and vegetables so you will not miss the meat.
This hearty Slow-Cooker Vegetarian Lasagna is filled with lentils and vegetables so you will not miss the meat. Bursting with flavours it makes a delicious meal to enjoy between friends and family.
The preparation for this dish is quite straightforward, simply make sure you cut all the vegetables very finely otherwise they will not cook properly.
There is no pre-cooking. You can prepare the Vegetable Layer and Tomato Lentil Sauce ahead so that if you are in a rush the lasagne can be assembled in a few minutes.
If you are short in time but still want to enjoy some wholesome homemade food, then a slow cooker is your answer. You can leave food to cook gently while you are at work or busy running errands and have some delicious dishes ready by the time you return. Such an efficient way to manage your time and effort in the kitchen.
I used a 6.5 Litre Andrew James Digital Slow Cooker to make this recipe. You can read my full review here. This dish makes 6 generous portions.
Slow-Cooker Vegetarian Lasagna
Disclaimer: the equipment list above includes affiliate links to products I use and like.
FOR THE VEGETABLE LAYER:
- 175 g carrots
- 1 red pepper
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 500 g ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
FOR THE LAYER OF TOMATO LENTIL SAUCE:
- 500 g tomato sauce
- 125 g dry red lentils
- 1 Tbsp sundried tomato paste
- 125 ml water
- 300 ml tomato sauce
- uncooked lasagna sheets
- 200 g grated mozzarella
- Salt & pepper
- I used a 6.5 Litre slow cooker to make this recipe.
- Start by preparing mixture for vegetable layer. Peel and grate carrot using the coarse side of a cheese grater. Place in a bowl.
- Cut onion and celery stalks into thin slices. Cut red pepper into small dice. Mix with the grated carrot and finely chopped garlic.
- Add ricotta cheese, oregano, basil and thyme. Mix well and season to taste. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl make the tomato lentil sauce by mixing together tomato sauce, lentils, sundried tomato paste and water. Set aside.
- Spread a few tablespoons of tomato sauce at the bottom of the slow cooker. Add a layer of lasagne sheet.
- Spread a third of the vegetable mix evenly on top, followed by a third of the tomato lentil sauce. Add a layer of lasagne sheet.
- Repeat previous step twice more to use all the vegetable mix and tomato lentil sauce.
- Pour 300ml of tomato sauce on top of last lasagne sheet. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese all over.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 4-6 hours.
Find this recipe online:
I cannot wait to see your posts!