This Sugar-Free Banana & Cherry Ice Cream is the perfect recipe when you want an indulgent healthy vegan treat.
This Sugar-Free Banana & Cherry Ice Cream is the perfect recipe when you want an indulgent healthy vegan treat. Naturally sweetened with fruit sugars from bananas and cherries, it is great for kids too as an alternative to sugar-laden store-bought ice creams.
It is of course inspired by Ben & Jerry’s Cherry Garcia®, one of my husband’s favourites!
Any bananas that are past their best are ideal here. Just cut them in chunks and freeze them overnight.
This recipe makes enough for 1 serving. You can scale it up as needed. You can eat straight away (it will be very soft) or place it in an airtight container in the freezer to make a harder consistency.
Sugar Free Banana & Cherry Ice Cream [vegan] [gluten free]
Disclaimer: the equipment list above includes affiliate links to products I use and like.
- 1 ripe frozen banana
- 5 frozen cherries
- dash of vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp almond milk
- chopped nuts – such as almonds, hazelnuts etc…
- dark chocolate chips
- Freeze the banana the night before. Peel it and cut in medium slices. Place in a plastic bag in the freezer.
- Place the frozen banana, vanilla and almond milk in a blender. Whizz until smooth and creamy.
- Add the cherries and whizz again.
- Eat straight away (it will be very soft) or place in an airtight container in the freezer to make a harder consistency.
Find this recipe online:
I cannot wait to see your posts!