Quick and healthy this Summer Salad Bowl is bursting with goodness.
Quick and healthy this Summer Salad Bowl is bursting with goodness. Topped with indulgent creamy avocado basil dressing this recipe is ideal on a hot summer day.
Quinoa adds some healthy plant-based protein while the vegetables are kept raw for maximum nutritional benefits. The creamy avocado dressing gives the perfect balance. We currently have a glut of homegrown basil so I add it into everything.
I used the Veggie Bullet below to prepare the vegetables. So speedy and efficient, it makes spiralising so easy. You can read my review here.
Spiralising is a great way to add more raw vegetables to your diet.
Super Healthy Summer Salad Bowl with Creamy Avocado Basil Dressing [vegan]
- Veggie Bullet or spiraliser or Julienne cutter
- 1 carrot
- 1 small courgette
- 1 small beetroot
- 150 g cooked quinoa
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 garlic clove
- juice of 1 1/2 lemon
- 8 large basil leaves
- 1 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 4 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper
- small handful of cherry tomatoes
- 8 kalamata olives
- small handful of pumpkin seeds
- small handful of sunflower seeds
- small handful of shelled hemp seeds
- Spiralise the courgette, carrot and beetroot with Veggie Bullet. (if you do not have a spiraliser you can use a julienne cutter).
- To make dressing place avocado, garlic clove, lemon juice, basil and cider vinegar in a blender. Whizz until smooth. Thin with olive oil and water. Season to taste.
- Share quinoa between 2 plates. Add spiralised courgette, carrot and beetroot. Top with halved cherry tomatoes, olives, seeds and avocado dressing.
I cannot wait to see your posts!