Give your lunch a delicious makeover with this tasty vegan Curried Chickpea Sandwich packed with proteins and flavours.
Give your lunch a delicious makeover with this tasty vegan Curried Chickpea Sandwich packed with proteins and flavours. Low in fat and bursting with goodness, I love it with some rustic bread but you can of as well using the filling in wraps or bagels.
Chickpeas are mashed to a chunky paste and mixed with a fragrant spice blend of curry, cumin and turmeric. Some crunchy raw vegetables give this sandwich an extra dimension. Easy and straightforward, you can have it ready in less than 10mins.
This recipe is part of my Leftover Duos series as I had some chickpea brine leftover from making this Chocolate Mocha Mousse. Enjoy!
Curried Chickpea Sandwich [vegan]
Disclaimer: the equipment list above includes affiliate links to products I use and like.
- 400 g can of chickpeas
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- juice of 1 – 1 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 small red pepper
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 handful of spinach leaves
- 65 g raisins
- 4 Tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- salt – to taste
- slices of your favourite bread
- Place drained chickpeas in a blender with garlic clove, olive oil and juice of 1 lemon. Whizz to a chunky paste.
- Transfer chickpea paste to a bowl. Blend in curry powder, turmeric and cumin powder. Add finely diced red pepper and onion.
- Mix in raisins and chopped coriander. Season to taste with salt and lemon juice.
- Spread on your favourite bread with some roughly chopped spinach leaves.
Find this recipe online:
I cannot wait to see your posts!