This vegan Chickpea Salad Sandwich makes the perfect meat-free lunch.
This vegan Chickpea Salad Sandwich makes the perfect meat-free lunch. Bursting with plant-based goodness, it is hearty and satisfying.
Busy morning and in a rush? This recipe only takes 5 minutes to make so you can take it to work or add it to the kids’ lunchboxes.
So tasty, it is loaded with plant-based protein and the scrumptious flavours of sundried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and capers.
I love eating this chickpea salad sandwich with seeded bread and always add a few salad leaves on top. The spread is also delicious on pitta bread or crackers.
The quantities are enough to make two sandwiches. The chickpea salad will keep for up to 3 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Chickpea Salad Sandwich [vegan]
Disclaimer: the equipment list above includes affiliate links to products I use and like.
- 400 g can chickpea
- 1/4 small red onion
- 1 garlic clove – crushed
- 1 Tbsp tahini
- 4 sundried tomatoes in oil
- 30 g artichoke hearts in oil – from a jar
- 4 tsp capers
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 generous tablespoon freshly chopped basil
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- lemon juice to taste
TO SERVE :
- 4 slices of your favourite bread
- small handful of salad leaves
- With a fork or potato masher, smach drained chickpeas until you have a chunky paste.
- Slice very finely red onion, capers, sundried tomatoes and artichoke hearts.
- Add to mashed chickpeas. Mix in together the rest of the ingredients, adjusting seasoning if needed.
- Make two sandwiches, sharing the chickpea salad evenly and adding some salad leaves as garnish.
Find this recipe online:
I cannot wait to see your posts!