This vegan Mediterranean Sandwich is my to-go lunch whenever I need something quick. It is bursting with flavours and goodness. You can swap the bread for a wrap.
The idea of a chickpea sandwich came as I was looking to make a healthy and nutritious spread. I am often left feeling heavy and sluggish if I eat a mayo-based filling.
This Mediterranean Sandwich ticks all the boxes. Light yet hearty, packed with protein & iron, low in fat, easy to make and delicious!
This recipe provides enough filling to make 2 to 3 sandwiches. Spread will keep for 2-3 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Mediterranean Sandwich [vegan]
Disclaimer: the equipment list above includes affiliate links to products I use and like.
- 400 g can of chickpeas
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 12 pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 red roasted pepper from a jar
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil leaves – finely chopped
- 1/2 lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- slices of your favourite bread
- salad leaves
- Place the drained chickpeas in a blender with garlic cloves, olive oil and lemon juice. Whizz to a paste.
- Transfer the chickpea paste to a bowl. Blend in chopped olives, pepper and basil leaves.
- Season to taste.
- Spread on your favourite bread with some salad leaves.
Find this recipe online:
I cannot wait to see your posts!