These crunchy Fig & Nut Energy Bites combine fig, pecan, cashews and chia seeds with a hint of cinnamon and vanilla.
Energy bites make such a healthy snack. These crunchy Fig & Nut Energy Bites combine fig, pecan, cashews and chia seeds with a hint of cinnamon and vanilla for added flavour. They are high in fibre, healthy fats and proteins. Chia seeds also boost their calcium and omega content.
This recipe will help you get through mid-morning or mid-afternoon slumps without having to reach for sugary snacks. The energy bites will keep for a few days in an airtight container in the fridge.
I used a mix of pecan and cashew nuts but you can substitute one for the other or even use almonds if you prefer.
Fig & Nut Energy Bites [vegan]
- Food Processor
- 15 soft dry figs [around 225g / 9 oz]
- 60 g pecan nuts
- 60 g cashew nuts
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor.
- Blend all together until you have a sticky paste.
- Place in the fridge for 10 mins.
- When ready to roll the energy bites, spoon 2 teaspoons of the mixture. Using your hands, form medium size balls.
- This recipe makes around 15 energy bites. They will store for a few days in the fridge in an airtight container.
I cannot wait to see your posts!