Silky smooth and extra creamy, this herby cashew cream cheese is perfect for spreading on toasts, crackers or bagels. It also makes a very tasty dip for raw vegetables.
Silky smooth and extra creamy, this herby cashew cream cheese is perfect for spreading on toasts, crackers or bagels. It also makes a very tasty dip for raw vegetables. In the Winter I like to spread it on bread to enjoy with soup.
Bursting with flavours from garlic, lemon juice, chives, parsley and basil, it is a yummy alternative to dairy cream cheese. It has a slight off-white tint from the natural colour of cashews. You can of course make it your own by varying the amount of garlic, nutritional yeast and/or herbs.
Easy and straightforward to make (you will need to soak the cashews first), this recipe is also ideal to add to your meal prep rotation or lunch box, enjoy as a snack, take on a picnic, or compliment your dip buffet table selection.
If like me you sometimes struggle with lactose, you will find this recipe easier to digest than dairy cream cheese. If you are looking after your waist, just keep in mind that, like other cream cheeses, this is high in fat (albeit healthy plant-based fats) and should be enjoyed in moderation.
This herby cashew cream cheese will keep in the fridge in an airtight container for 3 to 4 days.
Click here for more inspiration for homemade dips & spread recipes.
Herby Cashew Cream Cheese [vegan]
- 150 g raw unsalted cashews
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped chives
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped basil
- Put cashew in a bowl. Cover with water. Leave to soak for at least 4 hours to overnight.
- Drain cashew. Place in a blender with grated garlic, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, water and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Add finely chopped herbs. Mix until well blender. This herby cashew cream cheese will keep in the fridge in an airtight container for 3 to 4 days.
I cannot wait to see your posts!