This Miso Barley Soup with Leek, Shiitake and Kale will fill your tummy and nourish you from the inside out.
This Miso Barley Soup with Leek, Shiitake and Kale will fill your tummy and nourish you from the inside out. Hearty and rejuvenating this soup is loaded with goodness. Ideal on a cold day or whenever you need a healthy pick-me-up meal.
It is really quick to make and great to use any cooked leftover grains.
– Shiitake mushrooms can be replaced by chestnut mushrooms, mini portobello mushrooms or crimini mushrooms.
– Cooked barley can be replaced by other cooked grains such as brown rice or quinoa.
Miso Barley Soup with Leek, Shiitake and Kale [vegan]
- large saucepan
- 160 g leeks
- 120 g shiitake mushrooms
- 3 handfuls of shredded kale
- 200 g cooked barley
- 2 Tbsp brown miso
- 3 garlic cloves
- 6 cm ginger root [2.4 inch]
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 500 ml water
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- Heat the olive oil and sesame oil in a large saucepan.
- Add finely chopped leek, crushed garlic and grated ginger root.
- Cook until leek is soft.
- Add roughly chopped mushrooms, vegetable stock, water and miso paste.
- Bring to the boil, then cook covered for 15 mins.
- Add kale and cooked barley. Cook for another 3-5 mins until kale is soft.
I cannot wait to see your posts!