Filled with Mediterranean flavours, this delicious roasted tomato soup is made with fresh tomatoes and basil.
Easy to make, this delicious roasted tomato soup is a great recipe to use up homegrown tomatoes.
Filled with Mediterranean flavours, it is infused with the fresh and sweet aromas of juicy tomatoes and basil. Once you have made it, you will never go back to canned tomato soup ever again!
How to make this roasted tomato soup
As mentioned before, this recipe is really straightforward. The tomatoes, onion and garlic are first roasted in the oven with a drizzle of olive oil. This deepens the flavour of each ingredient to make this soup extra yummy.
Once cooked, the vegetables are transferred with their flavoursome cooking juices (make sure you scrape every single drop) to a stockpot. You can liquidise the soup directly in the pan using a handheld immersion blender (such as this Kenwood Hand Blender *).
Once the basil has been blended in, simply adjust the soup consistency to your liking by adding water or vegetable stock.
You will need to gently reheat this roasted tomato soup before serving it. For toppings, I like to add a drizzle of cream, some toasted seeds and shredded basil.
Simple and absolutely delicious. Bon Appétit!
Here are more soup recipes you may like to try:
I hope you enjoy this roasted tomato soup recipe as much as we do. If you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!
Roasted Tomato Soup
Disclaimer: the equipment list above includes affiliate links to products I use and like.
- 1.5 kg tomatoes
- 1 large red onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp sugar
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 30 g bunch of fresh basil
- 250 to 500 ml water or vegetable stock
- salt & pepper
- single cream
- Toasted seeds
- Shredded basil
- Preheat the oven to Fan 180°C / 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters, slice the onion and peel the garlic.
- Scatter the tomatoes, onion and garlic on an oven tray. Sprinkle with sugar and drizzle the olive oil on top. Cook for 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and transfer the vegetables and cooking juices to a stockpot. Using a handheld immersion blender, liquidise the soup. Add the basil and whizz again until everything is smooth and well combined. Adjust to your desired consistency by adding some water or vegetarian stock.
- Reheat gently and top with single cream, toasted seeds and shredded basil before serving.
Find this recipe online:
I cannot wait to see your posts!