This Spring buddha bowl is such a healthy lunch with hearty quinoa and some watercress hummus.
I made this Spring buddha bowl using some quinoa and watercress hummus leftovers. It is such a healthy lunch!
I serve it drizzled with a simple vinaigrette but you can use any type of dressing you like (or none at all!).
I roast the chickpeas to add some crunch but you can just use them straight from the can.
This recipe makes enough for one person and can easily be doubled up.
Spring Buddha Bowl [vegan]
Disclaimer: the equipment list above includes affiliate links to products I use and like.
- 4 asparagus
- 2 radishes
- leftover quinoa or 75g raw
- 200 g chickpeas to roast
- small handful fresh watercress
- watercress hummus
- oil & vinegar vinaigrette
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7.
- Drain the chickpeas. Pat dry. Place in a roasting tin. Coat them in 2 Tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp salt.
- Place in the oven for 15-20 mins (depending on the size of the chickpeas). Toss every 10 mins so they are evenly crisp.
- If you do not have any leftover quinoa, cook 75g [2.6oz / US 1/2cup] of dry quinoa in boiling water following packet instructions. Once cooked drained and reserve on the side.
- Wash the watercress and spin in a salad spinner until dry. Cut radishes in thin slices.
- Heat some salted water in another saucepan. When boiling add the asparagus and cook for around 5-8 mins until tender (they should still have a bite).
- Place some watercress at the bottom of a largish plate. Top with quinoa, asparagus, radish and watercress hummus. Sprinkle with roasted chickpeas.
- Serve with a drizzle of vinaigrette.
Find this recipe online:
I cannot wait to see your posts!