This Rainbow Quinoa Buddha Bowl recipe has a nice Asian twist with the ginger dressing.
Balanced and easy to make, Buddha bowls are a fantastic lunch option that leaves you energised for the rest of the day.
This Rainbow Quinoa Buddha Bowl recipe has a nice Asian twist with the ginger dressing. I use a mix of black, red and white quinoa which I find very pretty, but you can choose any colour you like.
If you make it ahead for your lunch box, add the avocado and dressing just before you are ready to eat.
This recipe makes enough for two Buddha bowls.
Rainbow Quinoa Buddha Bowl with Ginger Tahini Dressing [vegan] [gluten free]
- 3 mixing bowls
- 150 g quinoa
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 raw medium beetroot
- 1/2 raw medium carrot
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1 Tbsp tahini
- 1 garlic clove – crushed
- 1 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- juice of 2 lime
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- agave syrup or honey to taste
- handful of pumpkin seeds
- handful of fresh coriander leaves – finely chopped
- salt & pepper
- Heat some salted water in a pan.
- When boiling, add the quinoa and cook according to packet instructions for around 12 mins until cooked. It should still have a bite. Drain well. Place in a salad bowl to cool down.
- Peel the carrot and beetroot. Grate in 2 separate bowls.
- Make the dressing by mixing together tahini, garlic, vinegar, soy sauce, lime juice, ginger. Sweeten to taste with agave syrup. Season.
- Share the quinoa evenly between two plates. Add the grated carrot and beetroot on top followed by the avocado cut in 2cm [0.8 inches] dice.
- Sprinkle the pumpkin seeds and coriander leaves on top.
- Serve drizzled with the ginger tahini dressing.
I cannot wait to see your posts!