The “No-Egg” Vegan Egg Sandwich … yes you have read this right, this is an egg sandwich without the eggs!
The “No-Egg” Vegan Egg Sandwich … yes you have read this right, this is an egg sandwich without the eggs! This is one of my favourite lunch recipes. It is as good as (if not better) the real thing! Perfect for work, school or picnics.
Inspired by tofu scramble, this recipe uses tofu, nutritional yeast, turmeric and vegan mayo to create a plant-based version of the timeless classic.
This is a quick and delicious vegan recipe, perfect for lunchboxes. I love it with baby kale or salad leaves and some vegetable crisps. Chives also work perfectly here.
This recipe makes enough filling for 4 egg sandwiches. It will keep for a few days in the fridge in an airtight container. Delicious with pitta bread or bagels too!
Do you have a favourite sandwich filling? Make sure you share it in the comment box below.
The “No-Egg” Vegan Egg Sandwich
Disclaimer: the equipment list above includes affiliate links to products I use and like.
- 340 g extra firm tofu
- 2 garlic cloves – crushed
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 5 Tbsp vegan mayo
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 generous Tbsp chopped chives
- salt & pepper
- bread slices
- baby kale leaves – rocket or watercress
- To make the filling, drain the tofu and press it to extract as much water as possible.
- Scramble it with your hands over a colander so that to remove additional excess liquid.
- Place the scrambled tofu in a medium bowl. Add the turmeric, nutritional yeast and paprika. Blend well.
- Add the mayo, Dijon mustard, crushed garlic and chopped chives. Mix again. Season to taste.
- Toast some bread slices.
- Put some baby kale, rocket or watercress leaves on the bread. Topped with the tofu filling. Add a few more salad leaves and finish the sandwich with another piece of bread on top.
Find this recipe online:
I cannot wait to see your posts!