This mayonnaise is made from soaked cashew nuts. You can spread it on sandwiches or use it in salads such as coleslaw.
This vegan mayo is made from soaked cashew nuts. Silky and smooth, you can spread it on sandwiches or use it in salads such as coleslaw.
This egg-free and gluten-free alternative to conventional mayo has no added sweetener. It is so easy to make and you can customise it to your own taste.
Keep it plain or make it your own by adding your favourite herb. Basil, tarragon, chives, parsley etc… all work well here. Such a tasty and delicious condiment.
How to make this vegan mayo
You will need to plan ahead and soak the cashews first for 4 hrs to overnight.
Once the cashews are soft, all you have to do is to whizz them in a blender with the rest of the ingredients (except herbs, salt and pepper) until smooth. You can then season and add the herbs of your choice.
Once made, transfer the mayonnaise to an airtight container. It will keep in the fridge for up to a week.
Here are more dip and sauce recipes you may like to try:
- QUICK MUHAMMARA DIP [VEGAN]
- HERBY CASHEW CREAM CHEESE [VEGAN]
- VEGAN TZATZIKI
- SMOKY CHIPOTLE MAYO [VEGAN]
- VEGAN AQUAFABA MAYO
I hope you enjoy this vegan mayo recipe as much as we do. If you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!
Disclaimer: the equipment list above includes affiliate links to products I use and like.
- 125 g cashews
- 3 Tbsp water
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- salt & pepper
- herbs of your choice if using such as tarragon, chives, basil, parsley etc …
- Place the cashews in a bowl and cover with water. Leave to soak for 4 hrs to overnight.
- Drain the cashews. Place in a blender with the rest of ingredients (except herbs, salt and pepper).
- Blend until smooth. Season with salt, pepper and the herbs of your choice (if using).
I cannot wait to see your posts!