The British superfood! Local & seasonal, Kale is produced in the UK almost all year long. This green brassica owns its popularity to being known as a superfood, rich in vitamins, minerals and nutrients. Because it deteriorates quickly you should not leave kale in the fridge for too long. It is at its best when the leaves are a deep vibrant green. The central ribs can be tough so discard them before cooking. You can then chop or shred the leaves.
UK Season: September to April.
Nutritional Content: High in vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K, calcium, manganese & fibre. Contains sulforaphane which has shown anti-cancer properties. Kale contains no fat and is low in calorie.
FROM OUR SHOP
- Organic Cotton Mesh Produce Bag - Large (34 x 38cm) £3.50
- "Chapra" Two Tier Round Lunch Box - A Slice of Green £15.00
- Beeswax Wraps Variety Pack by Abeego £15.00
- Organic Cotton Mesh Produce Bag - Medium (26 x 32cm) £2.75
- "Panna" Two Tier Rectangle Lunch Box with Mini Container - A Slice of Green £22.00