This Jerusalem Artichoke & Kale Soup is my new favourite winter recipe. Born from my weekly veg box, it is smooth, silky and absolutely delicious.
This Jerusalem Artichoke & Kale Soup is my new favourite winter recipe. Born from my weekly veg box, it is smooth, silky and absolutely delicious. The kids gobbled it up and even asked for more!
The hazelnuts not only add a delicate creamy texture but also a mouth-watering nutty taste.
I had a few kale leaves in my vegetable box so I decided to make kale chips. This recipe is scrumptious without them but, if you have the time and the inclination, I would certainly recommend you make them.
Jerusalem Artichoke & Kale Soup [vegan]
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 500 g Jerusalem artichokes
- 200 g potatoes
- 200 g kale leaves without the hard stalks
- 2 garlic cloves
- 75 g blanched hazelnuts
- 1.5 litre vegetable stock
- salt & pepper
- handful of kale leaves – hard stalks removed
- vegetable oil
- hazelnut oil
- handful of chopped hazelnuts
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan. Fry onion under medium heat until soft.
- Peel Jerusalem artichokes and potatoes. Cut into small pieces.
- Add Jerusalem artichokes and potatoes to pan. Fry gently for 2-3 minutes.
- Add kale leaves, crushed garlic, hazelnuts and stock. Bring to boil, then cover and cook for around 20 minutes until vegetables are soft. Blend to a smooth consistency when done. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
TO MAKE KALE CHIPS: (optional)
- While to soup is cooking preheat the oven to 140°C / Fan 120°C / Gas 1 / 275 °F.
- Spread kale leaves on roasting tray. Drizzle with olive oil. Place in the oven for about 15 to 20 mins until crispy.
- Serve this Jerusalem artichoke & kale soup topped with kale chips, chopped hazelnuts and drops of hazelnut oil.
I cannot wait to see your posts!