Full of Mediterranean flavours, this vegan One Pot Spanish Quorn Chicken & Rice makes the perfect midweek fuss-free family dinner.
Full of Mediterranean flavours, this vegan One Pot Spanish Quorn Chicken & Rice makes the perfect midweek fuss-free family dinner or casual entertaining.
Sprinkles of parsley and thyme add a delicious aroma. I’ll make no excuse for my obsession with smoked paprika. It has become a kitchen staple and I would be lost without it. It’s essential here so do not even think about this dish without it.
This classic recipe is made vegan by using frozen Quorn Meat Free Vegan Fillets instead of chicken breast. You can find them in most supermarkets.
This is a very straightforward recipe, just keep an eye on it though and make sure you stir frequently though so that the rice does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
One Pot Spanish Quorn Chicken & Rice [vegan]
Disclaimer: the equipment list above includes affiliate links to products I use and like.
- 6 Quorn Meat Free Vegan Fillets frozen
- 1 red pepper
- 225 g long grain rice
- 750 ml vegetable stock + extra if needed
- 1 red onion – finely sliced
- 3 large garlic cloves – crushed
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1-2 tsp smoked paprika
- 150 g drained black olives
- small bunch of parsley
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Put some olive oil in a large saucepan. Add finely sliced red onion and red pepper, crushed garlic, smoked paprika and Quorn Meat Free Vegan Fillets. Fry for a few minutes until onion is soft.
- Add rice. Stir until coated all over.
- Add stock and tomato puree. Stir gently.
- Cook covered under low heat for 30-40 mins. Check and stir gently every 10 mins so that the rice does not stick to the bottom of the pan. You might need to add more stock.
- Once rice is cooked and liquid is all absorbed, add olives. thyme leaves and chopped parsley.
- Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Serve straight away.
Find this recipe online:
I cannot wait to see your posts!