Those already familiar with Nutribullet blenders will certainly be excited to discover the latest addition to the Nutri family: the Veggie Bullet, a 3-in-1 Spiralizer, Shredder & Slicer. Other readers can take a look back at my review of the Nutribullet Rx here. What’s more, I have two new wholesome and healthy recipes for you. Make sure you scroll down to see them.
A few weeks back I received a brand new Veggie Bullet from High Street TV. With summer upon us and a bounty of seasonal fruits and vegetables available, the timing could not have been more perfect. I do not have a food processor and I love spiralising vegetables and fruits. Until then, I had been shredding and slicing by hand while also using a manual spiraliser or even a julienne cutter. It works well enough but things can get clumsy in my kitchen. Sometimes I find it hard to keep my manual spiraliser steady and, should the truth be known, I have lost fingertips a few times using my extra sharp julienne cutter, knife and grater.
The new Veggie Bullet is the world’s first cyclonic spiraliser that doubles up as an extra speedy food processor for slicing and shredding. For ease it is operated by one single switch button. Available in a smart stainless steel finish, it comes with two preparation bowls. One is specifically designed for spiralising while the other has a reversible cutting blade for either slicing or shredding. Straightforward to set up, the Veggie Bullet also disassembles in a flash for easy cleaning.
This is the function I was most excited by. Spiralising is the best way to make low-carb gluten-free noodles from vegetables. It opens up a whole new world of raw salad, cooked vegetable noodles and diverse nutritious meals. It’s a great way to vary things for the kids too. My daughter is generally not so keen on courgettes yet, as she loves pasta, she cannot get enough of zoodles / courgettis (the fancy name for spiralised courgettes).
Spiralising is an easy way to replace refined carbohydrates throughout the year with wholesome vegetables while getting even more than your 5-a-day.
The Veggie Bullet has a medium-size feeding tube so it works best with small and long vegetables such as courgettes, parsnips, carrots, beetroot, potatoes, cucumber, butternut squash, broccoli stems etc.. You can cut larger produce to size. Once cut, the vegetables are collected through a main bowl.
I used the spiraliser to make this recipe for a Super Healthy Summer Salad Bowl with Creamy Avocado Basil Dressing. Courgette, carrot and beetroot were spiralised in less than 5 mins. The Veggie Bullet produced thin twirly noodles that could be served raw for maximum nutritional value.
As I mentioned, I do not have a food processor. Shredding and slicing can be done by hand but this can be time consuming, especially when batch cooking or having to prepare large meals.
If you are frustrated by your manual chopping skills, the Veggie Bullet will produce perfectly thin slices of vegetables such as courgettes, carrots, beetroot, potato, red pepper, apple, celery, cucumber etc…. ready for salads, gratins, carpaccios, soups, grilling and more.
The sliced vegetables or fruits come out via an external tube ready to be collected in a bowl. Shredding and slicing use the same preparation bowl with a convenient reversible blade designed for both functions.
The powerful Veggie Bullet shreds fruits and vegetables in no time. Get ready for super speedy cauliflower rice, shredded carrots, beetroots, cabbages, courgettes, potatoes, hard boiled eggs, firm tofu, onions, cheese etc . .
Besides shredding vegetables or fruits for a specific recipe, you can also make healthy raw salads, sandwich filling, pickles, fermented vegetables such as sauerkraut or kimchi.
I decided to prepare this raw Broccoli Salad with Maple Ginger Dressing, a healthy dish that takes less than 10 mins. Zero food waste here, the Veggie Bullet took no time to shred through the whole broccoli, head and stalk!
- Versatile 3-in-1 machine features settings for shredding, slicing and spiralising.
- Use Veggie Bullet to make veggie pasta and noodles, salads, pickles, sauces, ingredients for soups and much more.
- Turn healthy food into convenience food – it’s a simple way to cut down your refined carbohydrates and get your 5-a-day without even realising it.
- Take the hassle out of time-consuming food preparation and let Veggie Bullet do the hard work for you.
- Great for batch cooking and prepping large quantities for the entire family and busy professionals.
- Perfect for low carb, gluten-free, grain-free, paleo, vegan lifestyles.
- Great way to encourage your kids to eat more vegetables. Makes vegetables fun, colourful and appealing.
- Features two durable Stainless Steel blades – electric shredder/slicer and electric spiraliser.
- Precision chop like a professional for visually appealing, restaurant quality meals – great for entertaining.
- Features high tech safety features such as a locking base system, which ensures the shooter or spiraliser attachments are locked into place before the unit can be used.
- Powerful 500-watt motor.
- Non-slip rubber feet.
- Easy to Clean with dishwasher safe attachments and accessories.
- Shooter directs food ‘straight to plate’ for ultimate speed and convenience.
- Sleek, ergonomically designed unit sits perfectly on any kitchen countertop.
- BONUS Recipe Book with over 70 delicious recipes.
It is so fast, versatile and easy to use, I was very impressed overall by the Veggie Bullet. Spiralising was bliss and overall my favourite function. It retails at £149.99 so if you do not have a food processor it is probably a good appliance to get so you can maximise your investment. Otherwise you need to be a keen “spiraliser”. There is no doubt however that this is a perfect appliance to prepare time-saving healthy and nutritious meals. A must for any wholesome kitchen.
This is a commissioned review. Thanks to High Street TV for providing the Veggie Bullet. All opinions are my own.