With sunshine written all over them, watermelon and lime are one of my favourite combos so I added a lime vinaigrette which can be sweetened with honey, maple syrup, or agave syrup.
For a bit of crunch, don’t forget to include a few chopped almonds on top.
To carve out perfectly round watermelon balls, I have used this melon baller. Alternatively, you can cut the watermelon flesh into dice.
This watermelon salad is best served chilled so keep it in the fridge for an hour or so before serving, adding the vinaigrette at the last minute.
If you are running out of time, this dish can also be eaten straight away after being prepared.
Here are a few substitutions:
Feta – can be replaced by goat cheese or omitted altogether
Almonds – can be replaced by walnuts or omitted altogether
Lime – can be replaced by lemon in the vinaigrette
Honey – can be replaced by agave syrup or maple syrup
For a bit more inspiration check out my other salad recipes here.
Disclaimer: this recipe contains Amazon affiliate links.
Watermelon Salad with Cucumber & Feta [vegetarian] [gluten free]
Disclaimer: the equipment list above includes affiliate links to products I use and like.
- 400 g watermelon flesh
- 200 g cucumber
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped basil leaves
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped mint leaves
- 100 g feta
- 1 handful of almonds or walnuts
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ to ¾ Tbsp honey or agave syrup
- Cut the watermelon flesh into squares or into small balls (using a melon baller).
- Cut cucumber into thin slices. Halve the slices.
- Cut red onion into thin slices. Chop basil and mint leaves.
- Mix all the ingredients above in a salad bowl or in a serving dish. Add crumbled feta and chopped almonds on top.
MAKE THE VINAIGRETTE:
- Mix lime juice and olive oil together. Sweeten to taste with honey or agave syrup.
- Drizzle vinaigrette on top of salad or serve on the side when serving.
Find this recipe online:
I cannot wait to see your posts!