Summer on a plate, this watermelon and halloumi salad is a quick and easy vegetarian recipe that you can serve on its own or as a side dish.
Summer on a plate, this watermelon and halloumi salad is a quick and easy vegetarian recipe that you can serve on its own or as a side dish. We have made it several times over the past few weeks while enjoying lunch or dinner al-fresco in the garden.
To cook the halloumi you can either use a grill or a large frying pan. If should take around 5 mins and in the meantime, you can prepare the rest of the ingredients.
The dressing is really tasty and made simply with extra-virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lime juice and freshly chopped mint and basil.
If you prefer a vegan version of this watermelon and halloumi salad, you can easily swap the halloumi for some chickpeas or tofu.
Whether in summer or winter, I love making salads by mixing fruits, vegetables and cheese like in this juicy grilled peach and goat cheese salad with tender fennel and lamb’s lettuce. So good!
View this post on Instagram
Juicy grilled peaches with tender fennel and lamb’s lettuce, this Peach, Fennel & Goat Cheese Salad has Summer written all over it. Happy #MeatFreeMonday everyone ?⠀ ⠀ Grab the recipe on the blog. Link in my bio.⠀⠀ ⠀ #vegetarian #flexitarian #MeatlessMonday #Summer #veggie #meatfree #salad #seasonal #vegetarianrecipes #vegetariancooking #vegetarianfood #veggierecipes #vegetarianmeals⠀#vegetarianmeal #vegeterianfood #alfresco
Watermelon & Halloumi Salad [vegetarian]
- roasting tray
- 600 g cubed watermelon
- 1/2 large cucumber sliced
- 150 g yellow or orange cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 2 blocks of halloumi
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 4 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- juice of half a lime
- 2 Tbsp chopped mint leaves
- 25 g chopped basil
- Preheat the grill.
- Cut the halloumi into dice and place on a roasting tray under the grill. Cook for 5 mins or so, until halloumi dice are brown all over.
- In the meantime, place the diced watermelon, sliced cucumber, finely sliced red onion and halved tomatoes on a serving dish.
- Make the dressing by mixing together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lime juice, chopped mint and basil.
- Add grilled halloumi and dressing to the other ingredients. Toss all together before serving.
I cannot wait to see your posts!