Spiralized courgettes make tasty gluten-free salads without the need to cook them.
This Mediterranean inspired salad is easily put together in 15 mins making it a quick and healthy dinner or lunch.
If you do not have a spiraliser you can use a julienne peeler instead to cut the courgette.
Mediterranean Spiralized Courgette Salad [vegetarian] [gluten free]
- spiraliser or Julienne cutter
- 2 medium courgettes [zucchini]
- 2 to 3 handfuls of baby plum tomatoes
- 2 roasted peppers from a jar
- 2 handfuls of pitted Kalamata olives
- 100 g feta cheese
- 1/2 red onion
- small bunch of basil
- 2 handfuls of pine nuts
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper
- Spiralize the courgettes and place them into a salad bowl.
- Add the finely sliced onion, roasted pepper, halved tomatoes and olives.
- Toss in olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Season to taste.
- Add the shredded basil leaves, crumbled feta cheese and pine nuts on top just before serving.