This Red Lentils and Carrots Coconut Soup makes a lovely warming meal on a cold day. I love its orange glow and the soft, smooth creaminess of coconut milk.
Red lentils are very fast cooking. They are also a good source of proteins and antioxidants, making this soup a quick & super healthy meal.
Red Lentil and Carrot Coconut Soup [vegan]
- large saucepan
- handheld immersion blender
- 250 g red split lentils
- 4 medium carrots
- 1 large onion – roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves – crushed
- 2 Tbsp medium curry powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1.2 liter vegetable stock
- 400 ml light coconut milk
- 1 to 2 lemon juice
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Heat some olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Gently fry the chopped onion and crushed garlic with curry and coriander powders for 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots peeled and chopped into thin slices. Mix well and cook for 5 mins.
- Add the split red lentils and vegetable stock.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and cook covered under medium heat for 20 mins until carrots are cooked.
- Add the coconut milk and cook for a further 5 mins.
- Purée the soup with a liquidiser.
- Add the lemon juice. Season to taste.
I cannot wait to see your posts!