This raw Carrot & Chickpea Salad makes a nice change from carrot salad.
This raw Carrot & Chickpea Salad makes a nice change from carrot salad (one of France’s national dishes). A fresh, hearty and tasty dish with the added crunchiness of toasted coconut.
Sweeten with maple syrup, the dressing also includes cumin and coriander for a delicious Moroccan twist.
Carrots are one of our family staple foods, and this salad often comes very handily when I need a quick and healthy meal that I can make from store cupboard ingredients.
This is a quick and easy lunch recipe that you can eat on its own with your favourite bread, bagel or in a wrap. Great for lunchboxes, buffets and barbecue too!
Carrot & Chickpea Salad with Toasted Coconut [vegan] [gluten free]
- mixing bowl
- 400 g grated carrots
- 400 g can chickpeas
- 75 g fresh coriander
- 4 Tbsp lemon juice
- 5-6 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 7 Tbsp shredded coconut
- salt & pepper
- Mix grated carrots and drained chickpeas into a salad bowl.
- Add finely chopped coriander leaves (discard the stems).
- Make dressing in a separate bowl by mixing together olive oil, cider vinegar, lemon juice, maple syrup, ground coriander, ground cumin and crushed garlic.
- Heat a small saucepan and toast the shredded coconut.
- Toss carrot mixture in dressing and toasted coconut.
- Season to taste.
I cannot wait to see your posts!