These tasty sweet potato tacos are served with charred corn salad and extra-creamy avocado mayo. 100% plant-based.
These tasty sweet potato tacos make an easy and healthy dinner or lunch that the whole family can enjoy together.
The charred corn salad makes a tasty and delicious end of summer or early autumn dish. The ears of corn are charred under the grill or on the BBQ. This gives them a deep and smoky flavour. The salad is tossed in a zingy dressing made from extra virgin olive oil, lime juice, garlic, cumin, chilli powder and a touch of maple syrup to balance out the acidity.
Ready in less than 10 minutes, my oil-free extra-creamy avocado mayo is the perfect complement. It’s totally plant-based and is vegan, dairy-free, egg-free, and gluten-free.
Made with real avocados (rather than avocado oil) it is seasoned with lime juice and Dijon mustard. It has a fresh and vibrant flavour that makes these tacos even more delicious.
How to make these sweet potato tacos
For this recipe, the sweet potatoes are first tossed in oil, salt and smoked paprika, then roasted in the oven for around 30 minutes.
Once everything is ready, top the tortillas with some roasted sweet potatoes, charred corn salad and avocado mayo. I also like to add some fresh red chilli on top for extra heat. So good!
Here are more Mexican-inspired recipes you may like to try:
- CAULIFLOWER TACOS WITH SMOKY CHIPOTLE MAYO [VEGAN]
- ONE-POT MEXICAN RICE CASSEROLE [VEGETARIAN] [GLUTEN FREE]
- MEXICAN QUINOA STEW [VEGAN]
- LOADED BBQ JACKFRUIT NACHOS [VEGAN]
I hope you enjoy this sweet potato tacos recipe as much as we do. If you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!
Sweet Potato Tacos [vegan]
Disclaimer: the equipment list above includes affiliate links to products I use and like.
- 800 g sweet potatoes
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- 8-12 mini tortilla wraps
- Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7.
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut them into 1.5-cm [3/4-inch] dice. Place in a bowl with olive oil, smoked paprika and salt. Toss well until the sweet potatoes are coated all over. Spread on a baking tray and cook for 25mins until soft.
- While the sweet potatoes are roasting in the oven, prepare the avocado mayo and charred corn salad (see links to recipes in the ingredient list above).
- Once everything is ready, top the tortillas with some roasted sweet potatoes, charred corn salad and avocado mayo.
- If using, serve with some freshly chopped coriander, lime juice and sliced red chilli.
Find this recipe online:
I cannot wait to see your posts!