Moroccan Quinoa Mince Tacos with Creamy Harissa Dressing. A Mexican dish with some Moroccan flavour.
Moroccan Quinoa Mince Tacos with Creamy Harissa Dressing. A Mexican dish with some Moroccan flavour. What a scrumptious combination!
Quinoa and minced mushrooms give a meat-like texture to these tacos, while herbs and spices produce extra delicious flavours.
You can prepare the quinoa mince a day ahead. On the day you want to eat the tacos, simply fry the mixture in a pan as you would do with beef. It lumps together to resemble minced meat.
Pile as many of your favourite toppings on top along with a generous spoon of creamy harissa dressing. Enjoy!
Moroccan Quinoa Mince Tacos with Creamy Harissa Dressing [vegetarian]
- Frying pan
- mixing bowl
- 250 g chestnut mushrooms
- 125 g quinoa
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp harissa
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 organic eggs
- 8 Tbsp breadcrumbs
- 50 g raisins
- 125 ml vegetable stock
- 1 small onion – very finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves – crushed
- 3 Tbsp freshly chopped mint leaves
- 3 Tbsp freshly chopped coriander leaves
- olive oil
- 12 to 15 taco shells
FOR THE CREAMY HARISSA DRESSING:
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 tsp harissa
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 handful of finely chopped coriander leaves
TOPPINGS OF YOUR CHOICE:
- Chopped tomatoes
- Chopped avocadoes
- Chopped lettuce
- Chopped herbs etc….
- Heat some water in a saucepan. When boiling, cook the quinoa according to packet instructions. When cooked, drain well and set aside.
- In the meantime, wash and clean the mushrooms. Mince them very finely.
- Heat some olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the very finely chopped onion and crushed garlic.
- Next add the ground cumin, ground coriander, cinnamon, ground ginger, paprika, turmeric, harissa and tomato paste. Fry gently until the onion is soft.
- Add the minced mushrooms. Fry gently for 2 mins.
- Add the vegetable stock, raisins, chopped mint and chopped coriander.
- Cook for 10-12 mins until all liquid has evaporated.
- Transfer the mushrooms to a bowl. Mix in the beaten eggs, cooked quinoa and breadcrumbs. Season to taste with lemon juice plus salt and pepper. Leave to rest for 20 mins. At this stage, you can also put the "quinoa mince" in the fridge overnight in an airtight container.
- On the day you want to eat the tacos, put the quinoa mixture in a frying pan with some olive oil. Cook under medium heat. You want to fry it as you would do with minced beef, leaving small and medium chunks together.
- While the quinoa mince is cooking, prepare the dressing and toppings.
- Mix together in a bowl the mayonnaise, harissa, coriander and lemon juice to make harissa dressing.
- Prepare and chop your chosen toppings such as tomatoes, lettuce, avocado, chopped herbs etc…
- Heat the taco shells following pack instructions.
- Use quinoa mince to fill the tacos. Add toppings of your choice with creamy harissa dressing as desired.
I cannot wait to see your posts!